Typical Sequence of Inspections
It is mandatory subcontractors call for their own inspections when ready and for any re-inspections. Most inspections are completed with two working days.
*NOTICE: Setback surveys by an Alabama Registered Land Surveyor are required in zoned areas. Please contact our office at 205-620-6650 to determine if your project will require a setback survey.
Before Pouring Concrete
- Only inspections to receive times; 24-hour notice
- Temporary and footing may be done together
- Plumbing in Slab (if applicable; uncovered)
- Slab - Wire, poly, pier pads, etc.
- Sewer (if applicable)
- Energy - House wrap (House wrap inspection must be completed before exterior finish is installed
NOTICE: Setback surveys by an Alabama Registered Land Surveyor are required in zoned areas. After all foundation concrete is inspected and in place, your project will be placed on hold until a setback survey is provided and approved.
- Plumbing Rough - Do not insulate before this inspection
- Gas Rough (if applicable)
- Mechanical Rough
- Electrical Rough - Do not insulate before this inspection
After All Rough-Ins Pass
- Energy - House wrap
- Erosion Control Measures
NOTICE: If you are in a flood hazard area, your project will be placed on hold until a flood elevation certificate prepared by an Alabama Registered Land Surveyor is provided and approved.
- Electrical Final
- Plumbing Final
- Gas Final (if applicable)
- Mechanical Final
- Building Final
Commercial Construction Inspections, When Applicable
- Fire sprinkler test, inspection, and certification
- Fire alarm test, inspection, and certification
- Commercial Kitchen hood and fire suppression system test, inspection, and certification