Shelby County License Office – New Queuing process
- Before you come onsite, review the License Office website (FAQ.shelbyal.com) for documents you may need for your transaction. Use the online Chat feature (chat.shelbyal.com) for quick questions.
- Park your car, approach the main License entrance, and visit the triage station near the front door. Please be mindful of distancing guidelines with others. If a wait line is necessary, they will issue you a “Take a Number” ticket that places you into the queuing system in the order you arrived.
- Once onsite, tune your FM radio to 97.1 to learn more about daily operations and listen for your que number.
- Look for your number on the ‘Now Serving” signs displayed on the building. Once your number is shown (announced on FM 97.1) or advances past your number, return to the triage desk to be assigned a Customer Service Station. You will go to the Customer Service Station to complete your transaction.
- Be sure to bring all the necessary documentation with you for the transaction…Bill of Sale, driver license, title or application for title, insurance information, tag number, etc.
Download New Queuing Process in PDF