Water Services

To view your account or make a payment, please click here.

To start water service, submit a Water User's Agreement Online.
For same day service, you must come to the Water Services Office prior to 2:00pm.

For water services at an existing meter, the owner or owner's executor must sign a water user's agreement and provide all of the following:

  • A completed deed for the service address
  • A valid Alabama Driver’s License, Star ID, or two forms of US government issued ID
  • Social security number
  • Retail Water Refundable Deposit of $150.00

For business entities, such as, but not limited to, corporations, limited liability companies, and trusts, the following documents must be provided:

  • A completed deed, lease, and/or management agreement
  • Business formation documents for the entity
  • W-9 listing the entity’s name and tax identification number
  • Authorization Letter for the representative signing on behalf of the entity, if not listed on the formation documents
  • A valid Alabama Driver’s License, Star ID, or two forms of US government issued ID for the signer
  • Retail Water Refundable Deposit of $150.00

Contact the Customer Service Office for more information.

SCAM ALERT: The Shelby County Sheriff's Office has been made aware of scammers in our area. Scammers may impersonate the Shelby County Water Services Department, demanding credit card payment for overdue water bills. Verify any account status with a local office or by calling a known number before releasing any info by phone.

Shelby County Water Services serves both retail and wholesale customers. The retail customers, who total more than 13,000 accounts, are primarily located in Westover, Chelsea, and the subdivisions of Eagle Point, Greystone, Forrest Park, Forrest Lakes, Mt. Laurel, Regent Park, Villas Belvedere, and Highland Village. The retail customer accounts have grown from 3,200 in 2001. Part of that increase was from the former Westover Water Authority, which merged with Shelby County Water Services in 2007.

The active wholesale customers are Alabaster, Pelham, and Sterrett-Vandiver. These water systems utilize significant amounts of water from Shelby County Water Services and sell the water to their customers.

Shelby County Water Services gets water from the Coosa River, and treats the water in two water treatment plants. One of the plants is the Talladega/Shelby Water Treatment Plant near Childersburg and is jointly owned by Talladega County and Shelby County. The other plant is the Shelby County South Water Treatment Plant near Wilsonville, which is owned and operated by Shelby County and began production of drinking water in 2008.

Please remember to call Alabama 811 at the telephone number 811 before digging. IT IS THE LAW!   The water main (or other utility line) that you save from damage might be the one that serves you and your neighbors!